Thursday, June 2, 2016
Payday Loans’ Debt Spiral to Be Curtailed
The payday loan industry, which is vilified for charging exorbitant interest rates on short-term loans that many Americans depend on, could soon be gutted by a set of rules that federal regulators plan to unveil on Thursday.
People who borrow money against their paychecks are generally supposed to pay it back within two weeks, with substantial fees piled on: A customer who borrows $500 would typically owe around $575, at an annual percentage rate of 391 percent. But most borrowers routinely roll the loan over into a new one, becoming less likely to ever emerge from the debt.
Read more...Payday Loans’ Debt Spiral to Be Curtailed - The New York Times
Posted by Lillian Wong at 9:48 AM
Reuters: Business News
National Commercial Real Estate News From CoStar Group
Latest stock market news from Wall Street - CNNMoney.com
- ► 2017 (64)
- U.K.’s sovereign credit rating outlook lowered to ...
- You'll soon be able to buy a HomeKit-powered ‘Appl...
- China home prices rise faster in May as smaller ci...
- 5 Ways You Didn't Know You Could Save For A Down P...
- Wall Street is divided on the 2016 election
- Metro Phoenix housing market has best month in a d...
- How much a decent apartment costs you in every cou...
- Agents Say Real Estate Market Isn't as Fun as It U...
- HUD funding cuts could hurt homeless Valley vetera...
- Payday Loans’ Debt Spiral to Be Curtailed
- Q1 2016 U.S. Home Flipping Report
- ▼ June (11)
- ► 2015 (146)
- ► 2014 (102)
- ► 2013 (395)
- ► 2012 (392)
- ► 2011 (704)