Sunday, February 23, 2014
Brewer says Arizona financially sound again, but leveraged buildings say otherwise
Gov. Jan Brewer tells anyone who will listen about the great “Arizona comeback.”
In the five years since she’s been governor, she likes to say, Arizona has gone from being $3 billion in the hole to having a $1 billion surplus and a rainy-day fund to help the state avoid a future economic crisis.
She predicts the state’s budget will be structurally balanced — with more recurring revenue coming in than spending going out — by the time her term ends in January 2015. She credits her sound fiscal leadership with helping the economy and state revenue rebound.
“We were known as having one of the worst budget crises in the nation,” said John Arnold, director of Brewer’s Office of Strategic Planning and Budgeting. “I think the national perception on Arizona now is we are doing well and this is a place businesses want to be.”
Read more...Brewer says Arizona financially sound again, but leveraged buildings say otherwise
Reuters: Business News
National Commercial Real Estate News From CoStar Group
Latest stock market news from Wall Street - CNNMoney.com
- ► 2016 (145)
- ► 2015 (146)
- Fed Misread Crisis in 2008, Records Show - NYTimes...
- What's ahead for small businesses in 2014? - Newsd...
- Retirement is eluding some blue-collar workers in ...
- Downtown Scottsdale sees boom in multifamily housi...
- Brewer says Arizona financially sound again, but l...
- Credit-score tips for Arizonans working to ease de...
- Commercial real estate set to heat up in Phoenix a...
- Program helping owners fix up homes
- Scottsdale-based builder reimagines housing for Ba...
- Jeffrey Gundlach's 2014 Outlook - Business Insider...
- Housing market shifts back to metro Phoenix’s core...
- Minn. developer buys Hotel Monroe in downtown Phoe...
- New Boomer community rethinking life after 55
- Senior Urban Housing Development Opens | KJZZ.org
- Deal on land in downtown Surprise OK’d
- ▼ February (15)
- ► 2013 (395)
- ► 2012 (392)
- ► 2011 (704)