Sunday, February 9, 2014
New Boomer community rethinking life after 55
Del Webb’s Sun Cities defined retirement living for America’s first generation of post-war retirees. Now, another prominent Arizona developer wants to redefine living after 55.
An age-restricted community called Victory, within Buckeye’s well-known Verrado development, will open in mid-2014. Victory is the first of several communities for wealthier Baby Boomers that Scottsdale-based DMB Associates plans to open across the West over the next decade.
It’s a generation that expects to keep involved with work even if it scales back the hours — and Boomers, as they have proven over a lifetime, have ideas often different from their parents’ about retirement. They don’t want to live with people just their age who look just like them. They often plan to hike or work out instead of playing golf. They still want to be close to their families — but with a little space to themselves. And they really, really care about their living space.
Read more...New Boomer community rethinking life after 55
Reuters: Financial Services and Real Estate
Voice of Housing
NuWire Investor: RealEstateInvestment
REC News Center
- ► 2016 (145)
- ► 2015 (146)
- Fed Misread Crisis in 2008, Records Show - NYTimes...
- What's ahead for small businesses in 2014? - Newsd...
- Retirement is eluding some blue-collar workers in ...
- Downtown Scottsdale sees boom in multifamily housi...
- Brewer says Arizona financially sound again, but l...
- Credit-score tips for Arizonans working to ease de...
- Commercial real estate set to heat up in Phoenix a...
- Program helping owners fix up homes
- Scottsdale-based builder reimagines housing for Ba...
- Jeffrey Gundlach's 2014 Outlook - Business Insider...
- Housing market shifts back to metro Phoenix’s core...
- Minn. developer buys Hotel Monroe in downtown Phoe...
- New Boomer community rethinking life after 55
- Senior Urban Housing Development Opens | KJZZ.org
- Deal on land in downtown Surprise OK’d
- ▼ February (15)
- ► 2013 (395)
- ► 2012 (392)
- ► 2011 (704)