Sunday, February 9, 2014
Deal on land in downtown Surprise OK’d
Phoenix signed off on a historic deal Wednesday that cut the city’s ties to a square mile of land in the heart of Surprise it has held for more than 65 years.
The agreement clears a key legal hurdle that has long delayed Surprise’s plans to build an urban downtown. Is also allows Phoenix to reap fair market value from a decade-old land swap.
Meanwhile, nearby Luke Air Force Base, which is in Glendale, will be able to fly jets over the site without fear of liability, except if a plane crashes or something is damaged by an object that falls from a plane.
Read more...Deal on land in downtown Surprise OK’d
Reuters: Financial Services and Real Estate
Voice of Housing
NuWire Investor: RealEstateInvestment
REC News Center
- ► 2016 (145)
- ► 2015 (146)
- Fed Misread Crisis in 2008, Records Show - NYTimes...
- What's ahead for small businesses in 2014? - Newsd...
- Retirement is eluding some blue-collar workers in ...
- Downtown Scottsdale sees boom in multifamily housi...
- Brewer says Arizona financially sound again, but l...
- Credit-score tips for Arizonans working to ease de...
- Commercial real estate set to heat up in Phoenix a...
- Program helping owners fix up homes
- Scottsdale-based builder reimagines housing for Ba...
- Jeffrey Gundlach's 2014 Outlook - Business Insider...
- Housing market shifts back to metro Phoenix’s core...
- Minn. developer buys Hotel Monroe in downtown Phoe...
- New Boomer community rethinking life after 55
- Senior Urban Housing Development Opens | KJZZ.org
- Deal on land in downtown Surprise OK’d
- ▼ February (15)
- ► 2013 (395)
- ► 2012 (392)
- ► 2011 (704)