Sunday, February 23, 2014
Retirement is eluding some blue-collar workers in U.S.
Tom Edwards grew up in a family that’s been cutting trees and hauling timber in the Pacific Northwest for more than a century. The Spanaway, Wash., resident says he has worked as a logger since he was a kid — it’s just what an able-bodied youngster was expected to do.
Now, at 53, with business in a slump and little money in savings, he’s pessimistic about his chances of retiring.
“It’s never going to happen. By the time I reach retirement age, there won’t be Social Security. There’s not going to be any money,” Edwards said.
Read more...Retirement is eluding some blue-collar workers in U.S.
Reuters: Business News
National Commercial Real Estate News From CoStar Group
Latest stock market news from Wall Street - CNNMoney.com
- ► 2017 (81)
- ► 2016 (145)
- ► 2015 (146)
- Fed Misread Crisis in 2008, Records Show - NYTimes...
- What's ahead for small businesses in 2014? - Newsd...
- Retirement is eluding some blue-collar workers in ...
- Downtown Scottsdale sees boom in multifamily housi...
- Brewer says Arizona financially sound again, but l...
- Credit-score tips for Arizonans working to ease de...
- Commercial real estate set to heat up in Phoenix a...
- Program helping owners fix up homes
- Scottsdale-based builder reimagines housing for Ba...
- Jeffrey Gundlach's 2014 Outlook - Business Insider...
- Housing market shifts back to metro Phoenix’s core...
- Minn. developer buys Hotel Monroe in downtown Phoe...
- New Boomer community rethinking life after 55
- Senior Urban Housing Development Opens | KJZZ.org
- Deal on land in downtown Surprise OK’d
- ▼ February (15)
- ► 2013 (395)
- ► 2012 (392)
- ► 2011 (704)