Sunday, July 7, 2013
New cancer center at Mayo Clinic may mean 1,000 new jobs
When Mayo Clinic opens its cancer center in 2015, health-care leaders say, people will come from all over the world to receive treatment at the northeast Phoenix facility.
The center will offer innovative treatment that’s not available in the Southwest.
But beyond the care, officials say, the center also signals progress for economic development in the area.
Officials expect the center, an expansion of Mayo’s Phoenix campus, to provide more than 1,000 medical-related jobs, including more than 100 physician positions.
And developers envision the 380,000-square-foot cancer center as one piece of a vast biomedical corridor surrounding the facility.
Read more: New cancer center at Mayo Clinic may mean 1,000 new jobs
Reuters: Business News
National Commercial Real Estate News From CoStar Group
Latest stock market news from Wall Street - CNNMoney.com
- ► 2017 (51)
- ► 2016 (145)
- ► 2015 (146)
- ► 2014 (102)
- Mortgage lending loosens in June | HousingWire
- Sterling’s DC Ranch villas nearly sold out
- New cancer center at Mayo Clinic may mean 1,000 ne...
- HOA ends dispute with Paradise Valley resort
- Controversial condo project in Mesa gets 7-0 OK
- ‘Renting is new buying’: Apartments booming in Sco...
- Planners OK revised Las Sendas site plan in east M...
- Scottsdale council OKs high-end Sierra Reserve pla...
- AV Homes attracts $135 million in capital
- Home projects proposed in Scottsdale as economy he...
- Lennar adds 127 home sites in north Phoenix, citin...
- Construction sector picks up
- Taxation Vexation: Tax appeals frequently lead to ...
- ▼ July (13)
- ► 2012 (392)
- ► 2011 (704)